Here’s a quick and effective way of increasing departmental revenue, communication and knowledge transfer within your company by running an interactive online campaign for your sales staff or specific company department.
In business, sales is the bottom line – however much you generate in sales and income will ultimately determine the momentum of the business and its employees. The most effective way of boosting your sales numbers is increasing knowledge of your product to the internal sales team, rewarding great salesmanship and involving everyone to become your brand ambassador helping create awareness of the products or services you offer customers.
What’s Involved in the Digital Campaign?
Implementation and management of a well-structured online campaign complete with a landing page (one-page website), social media marketing, surveys & polls, hashtag management, digital influencer(s), winner rewards and interactive online activities is the way to go! A digital campaign that will spur inter-departmental/ branch competition while you the business owner or manager collects responses and sentiment from employees and staff about what you sell or offer your clients and customers.
How can a digital campaign improve my sales & revenue?
Salesmanship is an art of influencing another person for the object of persuading him to buy specific product. It may be regarded as the process of winning the confidence of consumer. The objective of these online campaigns is to increase sales and improve knowledge transfer within your staff and sales teams. Improving your sales pitches begins with gathering information in the form of responses from your staff on how best they can sell your products or solutions.
Importance of Salesmanship
1. Salesmanship helps to create demand for new products or new brands. It influences to change in patronage from one source of supply to another which results concentration of purchases of specific product.
2. As it wins the buyer’s confidence so it helps to make regular and permanent customers.
3. The person who is engaged in convincing the public desirability of a specific product is called salesman. He informs the customers about usefulness of commodity with a view to including him to buy the goods.
4. He establishes the goods will of firm in the market. So the sales volume may easily be increased.
5. He constantly observes the fashion, taste, like and dislike of customer and informs the producer about heir choice.
6. He helps to establish close relationship between the manufacturer and consumer
How can you improve salesmanship with a digital campaign?
Ran Polls & Surveys
Survey and poll questions such as:
- ‘How would you rate yourself as a salesman/woman at company XXX’,
- ‘ How should we improve our services according to your clients’ or even
- ‘Who do you think is the best salesperson in your department?’
- ‘What do customers say about our service(s) or products?
These will gather responses and sentiment from your team that will help you as the manager align and/or change your process to better serve/ acquire clients. Even better, regular rotation of the survey/ poll questions will keep employees contributing in the continual improvement of your product/service and overall revenue to the bank.
Responses could simultaneously include uploaded video recorded by staff members from any device including mobile and hand-held devices. These will help you read your staff’s sales cues and general body language.
Use Campaign Influencers
A campaign influencer would be a company leader, media personality, celebrity or online sensation creates buzz and conversation around a topic. One that effectively represents your brand would be the appropriate medium to convey your message to your sales staff. A short video(s) of the influencer ‘delivering a sales pitch’ that is share-able online or mobile will give a guide to what you may require in response from your staff. Keeping the messaging light and the will encourage enrollment and better participation
Ran The Campaign In Stages & Monitor the Hashtag
Include company social media competitions that encourage employees to interact and engage with your ‘call-to-action’ such as ‘Submit Your Sales Pitch’, Vote’ or ”Comment Below‘. The online campaign should be ran in stages:
- An awareness stage – This being the first stage would be to purely ensure that all your staff around the departments, branches, country or even world- know about the internal-staff competition via social media & internal communications. Campaign influencers and hashtag management should help you drive the messaging home.
- A ‘Call-To-Action’ stage – During this phase of the digital campaign, employees and target audiences will be advised to give responses to questions, polls, surveys and upload requests hosted with the campaign landing page (website, blog or even a one-page online form)
- A Rewards Stage – Reward winners of the in-staff online competition with merchandise, cash prizes, coupons, discounts or even bonuses!
Gather Lots of Data
Encourage submission of data in various formats to increase participants to the digital campaign. The more the responses, the better and more accurate your response and action will be.
Reward Staff Excellence
Your staff are the core to you company and need to be rewarded for every good deed or achievement they deliver for your brand. The online competition should include a ‘rewards section’ outlining on social media and landing what is at stake to be won by participating in the company’s ‘marketing & sales challenge’. Concurrently, the campaign imfluencer will have in video, reported what is to be won at the end of the campaign.