Digital marketing is advertising delivered through electronic devices on digital channels such as search engines, websites, social media, email, and mobile apps – enabling individuals and business owners to connect with current and prospective customers. Affordable, measurable and effective marketing to your preferred target audiences is what it’s all about!
Why do you need to use digital marketing in Kenya?
As the slogan goes, ‘The customer is always right’ meaning that giving high priority to customer satisfaction is key to success in business. Nowadays, the general habits of your customer dictate where you need to allocate a chunk of your advertising budget to actively engage with your prospective clients and preferred audiences where they spend their time the most. According to Kenya’s ‘Business Daily’ – ‘An overwhelming 81.7 per cent of Kenyans now access Internet services via phones, states the 2017/2018 research data compiled by an independent web analytics firm, Startcounter Global Statistics.
Digital marketing has flourished due to the browsing habits and increased internet usage by your average customer
The Social Media Impact
The number of people using social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn show the potential reach of your messaging;
- Facebook – 1.45 billion active users visit the social network on a daily basis, worldwide – Statista
- Twitter – Twitter Monthly Active Users (MAU) Worldwide: 330 million – Q4, 2017 – Zephoria
- Instagram – 500 million daily active users- Q4 2017 – Statista
- LinkedIn – 467 million active users- Q3, 2016 – Statista
How To Effectively Use Social Media Marketing in Kenya
A lot of variables go into creating and running a successful social media marketing campaign with great ROI (return-on-investment) on your advertising budget being the bottom line. See why many business are turning to Social Media Marketing in Kenya Having a large social media following doesn’t guarantee that you will sell or effectively engage with your customers/ brand followers, targeted advertising is the way-to-go. Investing in an experienced and accredited agency/ individual to ran your social media marketing campaign in Kenya will increase your reach to acquire actionable outcomes. Given that you want to reach a certain type of audience or preferred customer for your services or products in an effort to make sales or create massive awareness for what you offer, a defined strategy of doing so is key and would include the following factors to consider:
- Target market/ audiences – Who do you want to reach? Located Where? Preferred Age? Interests? on Mobile or Desktop? which language should they speak? among many other custom filters specific to your online brand.
- Advertising budget vs targeted reach – For every Dollar $ you spend on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest or LinkedIn, there is a specified potential audience reach. Increase your budget to reach many more people with your promoted post, trend or pin.
- Targeted media buying/ advertising – Your social media marketing campaign’s effectiveness is primarily based on how effectively you target your preferred customer, clients or audiences. Following the correct campaign ad structure for every social media marketing platform is highly advised. Have a look at Facebook’s ad campaign guide here
- Content marketing & copy-writing– ‘Content is King’, Your social media content needs to be captivating yet actionable guiding online users and brand followers int the next stage of the online ‘buyer’s journey’
- Continual improvement with statistics – For every campaign you ran on social media, organic or paid advertising, learn to understand the in-platform results in the form of varied statistics in order to improve your next social media campaign’s delivery.
- Hashtag Management – The use of a campaign (#) hashtag will ensure that you measure the overall engagement of your online campaign/ brand from all corners of the Earth. A periodic hashtag report will provide useful insight into your campaign with metrics such as ‘Sentiment Analysis’ No. of Retweets, Replies, Mentions, Volume of Interaction’ . Learn more about hashtag insights.
- Online Infleuncer Marketing – Picking the right online influencer for your brand is of key as they have to be aligned to your brand or campaign goals, brand promise and/ or overall company policy. The campaign influencer will assist you or your business create a ‘viral online effect’ for your online messaging. According to Influencer Maketing Hub:
- An ‘influencer’ is an individual who has the power to affect purchase decisions by increasing positive sentiment and net promoter score of others because of his/her industry authority, product knowledge, departmental position or relationship with his/her audience online.
- An online ‘influencer’ to many is someone with a lot of online followers on various social media marketing platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or even LinkedIn and YouTube. In another categorization, an online ‘influencer’ is a group manager/ admin on WhatsApp or Facebook Groups.
- An individual who has a following in a particular niche, which they actively engage with. The size of the following depends on the size of the niche.
Impact of Search Engines ( Google & Bing)
Search engines such as Google and Bing enable business and brands to acquire leads that are ‘intent-based’ – meaning that based on how well your online platform (small business website, company blog, online store, e-magazine or mobile App) addresses the needs of those searching online for similarly related queries, the better your online ranking for that category e.g. jobs, cars, clothes, housing, cargo clearance, fumigation & pest control among many other industries in Kenya. Read More On: 7 Tips to observe when hiring a website designer in Kenya Read More on: The key to organically performing well/ ranking on Google is a combination of factors that include search engine optimization (on-page & off-page). It is continual improvement by responding to what the customer or target audience wants to ‘see’, ‘learn more about’ or even ‘purchase’ on Google. Search engine optimization is key in generating leads with buyer intent online Learn more>> Our Google advertising packages Learn more>> Our SEO/ Search Engine Optimization packages The best features of your favorite search engine are that you can rank higher with the use of different content formats such as Video e.g. YouTube and online pictures which also act as filters on search engine results pages.
How To Effectively Use Google & YouTube Advertising in Kenya
- Invest in a Google Ads Campaign – Accurately advertise your business, services, products or even mobile App using Google’s PPC platform whereby, an individual, brand or business can use Google Search or Display networks to convey their messaging. Earn money right from Google AdSense by monetizing your content especially on YouTube or the Search & Display networks. Learn more about monetizing your content with Google by contacting us
- Keywords Research – Find the best keywords and combination of keywords that your potential customers or targeted audiences are using on search engines by using keyword-search tools such as Google’s keyword tool, Ubersuggest or the Moz keywords explorer. Creating online content that is key-words integrated will not only assist your web platform rank higher in search engine results but will also ensure that you get the right kind of clicks along the buyer’s online journey.
Impact of Great Content & Web Copy
Content marketing is all about creating impact with your web copy in digital marketing. The key is addressing your customer’s need or pain-point based on what they deem important an useful to them along their ‘buyer’s journey’. This simply means you have to create a lot of useful content that will assist your target customer or audience to gradually guide them from being visitors of your website or e-commerce store, to good prospects or even buying customers. At KWETU, we ensure that your digital content or web copy is well researched and integrated into your digital platform or even online marketing campaign An inbound marketing approach recommended by industry leaders HubSpot advises modern digital marketers and online business owners on how potential customers find you through channels like blogs, search engines, and social media -all focusing on great content.
How To Effectively use Content Marketing
Content marketing isn’t only about how creative your writing is, but also how well it relates to what your customers and potential clients are looking for across the internet. That said, great content should encompass the following features:
- Follow an inbound marketing approach – An inbound marketing approach is a ‘niche-driven’ way to acquire customers and leads in your category, industry or expertise. Content written for different industries needs to address client requests as typed into search on Google or other search engines. With data acquired from Google or Bing dashboards, you can benefit immensely by knowing exactly what people are looking for in relation to your industry offering. E.g. ‘How to clear cargo at the port’ or ‘Best TV deals in Kenya’. Adjusting your content to suit the reader’s needs will always get more clicks to your website and landing page where you can cross-sell your online solutions and make online sales.
- Keyword-Rich content – Writing for publication or print is quite different from writing ‘for-web’ simply because of keywords integration into your creative copy. Online copy (wording) in your website, blog, mobile App or event e-commerce store product needs to include ‘keywords’ that people are searching for over the internet. A keyword can be part of a sentence or search query submitted by a ‘searcher’ also known as a long-tailed keyword. E.g Plumbing services in Kenya instead of the single ‘plumbing’ keyword. Keyword integration needn’t be keyword stuffing which is highly discouraged with a possible ban penalty for your website from Google – it is about fluidly conveying your message in creative web copy that is articulate – just like the way you talk or sell your product.
- Headings & Descriptions – Heading and descriptions for your online content need to be clear and captivating enough for the online reader
- Call- To- Actions – Having great content will enable your owned digital platform such as – website, online store, personal blog, App, social media pages or even magazine to rank higher in search engine results pages (SERP’s), however, the content needs to actionable enabling them to ‘Buy’, Learn More’, Sign-Up’, ‘Download’ or simple ‘Like’ what you are offering. These guide the online user to the next steps along the buyer’s journey – make a purchase, or become a potential lead who’s in either the ‘Awareness, Consideration or Decision-making stages’
About our digital marketing packages and services
Read more on: The KWETU Starter Package – An all-in-one digital solution to get you started (Web design+ SEO+Complementary 30-Day Social Media Marketing Campaign) While this article provides a premium guide of how to win with digital marketing in Kenya with industry-leading tips for social media marketing, Google advertising & Content marketing, we also offer custom digital marketing strategy and guides purely focused on increasing your return-on-investment (ROI) on your advertising budget. Our data-driven approach enables you as the individual brand, small business owner, large-scale organization to enjoy scale-able growth by translating data into insight.We further offer affordable yet effective custom website design services, one-off or renewable social media marketing, monthly consultation, SEO, PPC-Based Ads on Google,YouTube and LinkedIn.
Get in touch with us for rate cards, quotes or general inquiries:
E: Mail: [email protected]
Call or WhatsApp : (+254) 0737 055737