Social media marketing platforms have become an important resource for Kenyan businesses in marketing products and solutions, generating quality leads and customer engagement for many businesses and brands. This is especially true due to the affordability and effectiveness of online marketing -further, the ability to measure campaign effectiveness over prescribed time periods has become a paramount ingredient to marketing budgets and overall return-on-investment.
‘Facebook knows a lot about who you are, Twitter knows what you talk about and are interested in, and Google deeply understands what you do on the Internet’.
It goes without saying that the main reason why the impact of social media marketing has grown a huge deal over the past five years or so has been that many businesses and brands are getting online to marketplaces where their customers and brand followers are at. Reaching prospective clients and brand followers where they interact the most.
Why Should Kenyan Businesses Use Social Media Marketing?
The benefits of employing social media into marketing and promotional mixes for many businesses and brands in Kenya have primarily been to achieve/ meet the following objectives:
- Learning about the business and connecting with brand followers through sharing of digital content (for-web copy) that matters to them and the company. Social media platforms act as free online directories that can be viewed online anytime a business lead searches for you, your business or related products and solutions.
- . Having the ability to activate, market and cross-sell company and brand solutions to existing and potential customers online. Platforms such as Facebook and Pinterest enable business owners to showcase their wares and provide options for interested customers to either/ or -call, inquire or even buy straight from your online store.
- The ability to measure online marketing campaign effectiveness of business solutions and products through the use of in-platform analytics.
- Using social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook as expedient customer care dashboards.
- Social Media raises the company profile on online searches/ search engines such as Google and Bing. This is great for SEO – ranking higher on organic online searches.
- Importantly, with emphasis on marketing and e-commerce going Mobile, many more people access social media marketing platforms from the comfort of their personal devices such as Smartphones and Tablets.
According to according to Social Media Examiner, 97% of participants aren’t sure what social media tools are the best to use. This is where many companies choose to recruit and in-house social media manager or outsource this part of their marketing mix to digital agencies such as KWETU Marketing Agency. Undertaking the correct approach in Social Media Marketing whether with an in-house manager or certified agency is important in providing accountability, professionalism and unified brand voice over multiple social media platforms. Ultimately, the aforementioned benefits position your brand or business as industry expert/ influencer in your vertical.